DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES SCIENCE & EDUCATION RESEARCH
The Department of Humanities, Science and Education Research, having a wider ambit, provides research and development inputs for guiding the process of development of curricula, courseware and other materials in areas like performing arts, commercial art, communication, entrepreneurship development, enterprise education, rural development, etc. The Department has developed 07 curricula, 05 pre-vocational modules and 02 textbooks and practical manuals for +2 level (Grade XI & XII) vocational courses.
ROLE AND FUNCTIONS
- Conduct researches on various aspects of vocational education related to Humanities and Education for optimal utilization of available learning opportunities.
- Develop Management Information System (MIS) for maintaining database on the status of enrolment, passouts, etc. in schools implementing vocationalisation of secondary and higher secondary education under the National Skills Qualifications Framework.
- Generate awareness on the importance of skills training in the humanities related vocational areas.
- Organize awareness programme on NVEQF/NSQF for senior functionaries of the state/UTs
- Strengthen the linkages and networking with a range of organizations, including the government and private sector agencies involved in academic, research and services.
- Develop competency based curriculum packages for providing customized skill training based on skill standards identified by the Sector Skill Council, National Council of Teacher Education and University Grants Commission.
- Conduct competency based training programmes for teachers and instructors in the area of Humanities and Education.
- Develop competency based modular curricula, teaching learning materials in the area of Humanities and Education.
- Organize training programmes for the vocational teachers in the area of Humanities and Education.
- Audio-visual Arts
- Commercial Art
- Digital Photography
- Foreign Languages
- Graphic Arts
- Hindustani Music
- Indian Languages
- Instrumental Music
- Library and Information Science
- Media and Entertainment
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education
- Printing Production
- Recreation and Sport