DEPARTMENT OF HOME SCIENCE & HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
The Department of Home Science and Hospitality has established its identity by organizing programmes and activities for development of curricula and courseware and conducting orientation and training programmes for the teachers and instructors teaching home science based vocational courses. It has developed courses for a wide variety of services in the sector, including bakery & confectionery, cookery, food and beverage, garment design and making, fashion designing, food processing, food safety, geriatrics, entertainment, hospitality, etc. The Department has developd 11 curricula, 13 pre-vocational modules and 05 textbooks and practical manuals for +2 level (Grade XI & XII) vocational courses.
ROLE AND FUNCTIONS
- Generate awareness on the importance of skills training in the home science and hospitality sector.
- Organize awareness programme on NVEQF/NSQF for senior functionaries of the state/UTs.
- Conduct researches in the area of home science and hospitality sector for improvement in curriculum transaction and teaching-learning practices.
- Strengthen the linkages and networking with a range of hospitality sector organizations, including the government and private sector agencies involved in academic, research and services.
- Develop competency based curriculum packages for providing customized skill training on skill standards identified by the Sector Skill Councils
- Conduct competency based training programmes for teachers and instructors in the area of Health and Paramedical sciences.
- Apparel Manufacturing
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Crèche Management
- Fashion Designing
- Food and Beverage
- Food Preservation and Processing
- Food Safety
- Hair Dressing
- Restaurant Management
- Textile Designing