DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Engineering & Technology was established with the objective of designing and implementing programmes and activities for assessment of manpower and skill development needs, development of guidelines, competency based curricula and teaching-learning materials for courses related to engineering and technology. Besides research and development inputs, the Department conducts training sessions on the use and applications of Information Technology. The department has developed 24 curricula, 12 pre-vocational modules and 32 textbooks and practical manuals for +2 level (Grade XI & XII) vocational courses.
ROLE AND FUNCTIONS
- Assess the need and utilization of skills of middle level manpower in engineering & technology related areas.
- Organize awareness programme on NVEQF/NSQF for senior functionaries of the state/UTs.
- Establish a network with international and national organization, including National or State Institutes of Engineering & Technology, Department of Engineering & Technology of Central & State Universities, Public and Private Sector Undertakings, etc. for organizing awareness programmes on orienting key functionaries, training of teachers and development of curricula and courseware.
- Design and develop web application for online assessment.
- Collaborate with private and public sector undertakings and institutions for conducting training programmes for teachers and instructors.
- Develop and maintain computer networking infrastructure of the institute.
- Organize videoconferencing through EDUSAT network.
- Develop video in collaboration with other organizations, such as Central Institute of Educational Technology, a constituent unit of NCERT.
- Conduct national and regional seminars in Engineering &Technology based vocational areas.
- Develop competency based curricula and teaching-learning materials, such as self-learning modules, multimedia packages, video programmes, e-question banks, etc.
Electronic commerce, more popularly known as E-commerce, has evolved as an instrument of taking services and products to the door step of the consumers. Besides traditional courses in business and commerce, the Department is focusing on the development of materials related to E-commerce. The following are the key areas:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Automobile Workshop Engineering & Technology
- Construction and Mechanical Technologies
- Computer Aided Design & Drafting
- Computer Technology
- Digital Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Fabrication Technology
- Fibre Engineering and Technology
- Furniture Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- Mining Engineering & Technology
- Optical Engineering & Technology
- Painting Techology
- Plastic Technology
- Processing Technology
- Rubber Technology
- Rural Engineering Technology
- Solid Waste Management
- Transport Engineering
- Visual Communication Technology