DEPARTMENT OF CCURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT & EVALUATION CENTRE (CDEC)
The PSS Central Institute of Vocational Education (PSSCIVE), Bhopal has been mandated by the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India to develop competency based curricula and courseware for NSQF level 1-4, with greater inputs from industry through the Sector Skills Councils (SSCs). The curriculum of vocational subjects will be reviewed and revised every three years or earlier.
To fulfill the needs of competency based curricula and courseware for a wide variety of vocations or job roles, a Curriculum Development and Evaluation Centre (CDEC) has been established by the Institute. The Centre is charged with developing competency based curricula and courseware relevant to the skill needs of the individual and employer.
ROLE AND FUNCTIONS
- To assess the general skill needs of targeted learners.
- To develop and distribute relevant curriculum materials.
- To assist teachers in curriculum planning and delivery.
- To make the academic education curriculum more vocationally relevant and contextual.
- To align the curriculum with the National Occupation Standards for making it industry relevant.
- To promote and facilitate professional development of teachers.
- To evaluate and review curricula and courseware.
- Automotive and Automobile Components
- Beauty & Wellness
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Gems & Jewellery
- Information Technology & IT-enabled Services
- Media and Entertainment
- Physical Education
- Tourism & Hospitality