In a span of 20 years, the Institute has made signi?cant contributions, which include the following:
- Contributed to the development of national policies on work education, vocationalisation of education and vocational education and training.
- Contributed to the development of National Vocational Education Qualifications Framework (NVEQF), now subsumed in National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF)
- Contributed to the development of a framework for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Supported the national goals and objectives of developing a robust system of vocational education in schools.
- Adviced State governments on strategic planning and implementation of vocationalisation of secondary and higher secondary education in schools;
- Designed and developed guidelines, curricula and teaching-materials for the States/UTs.
- 12 guidelines document on various aspects of VET, including work education, vocational survey, guidance and counselling, on-the-job training, production-cum-training centre, etc.
- 104 competency based curricula for +2 level vocational courses
- 100 textbooks and practical manuals for +2 level vocational courses
- 26 pre-vocational education modules for Grade IX and X
- Developed customized short duration courses for vocational education
- Developed multimedia materials, including 34 video films for popularization of vocational education and teaching-learning in various vocational subjects
- Conducted more than 90 orientation programmes on vocationalisation of education for key functionaries and teachers
- Conducted more than 50 teacher training programmes on vocational pedagogy and domain specific learning.
- Served as a central point of contact for the various institutions and agencies involved in skill development programmes including schools, VET providers, and community organizations